Covid-19 Club Small Grant Scheme (CORK)
CSP_COVID 19 Club Small Grant Scheme Guidelines
Cork Sports Partnership (CSP) is delighted to announce a new COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme for sport and physical activity clubs throughout Cork. Please circulate among your Cork clubs and networks as appropriate to ensure that clubs who are in most need of COVID-19 related financial support to return to sporting activity apply for this fund.
Please note that if you are running a similar fund covering items eligible below, clubs should apply directly to you as the NGB and not CSP.
About the Scheme:
The COVID-19 club small grant scheme is part of a programme from the Government of Ireland, implemented through Sport Ireland and the Local Sports Partnerships to support the sports sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. This scheme is designed to support clubs/groups that do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols. As the total fund available is limited, clubs that already have the finances to implement COVID-19 protocols, should not apply.
The maximum amount of funding available per club is €1,500.
Applications will be means-tested and only clubs with the most need will be eligible for the full allocation. Clubs should not feel that they have to apply for the full amount to be considered for support. This funding cannot be used to support COVID-19 costs related to hospitality services such as bars or restaurants within sports or community facilities. Covid-19 related expenditure dating from 2nd May 2020* can be included in submissions (*Date of publication of Government roadmap to recovery).
Clubs must ensure that, where available, they prioritise the application for funding support via their National Governing Body or relevant representative body. Funding support for the same purpose should not be sought from multiple sources. Sport Ireland and Cork Sports Partnership will work together to ensure that the investment is distributed fairly. Every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme.
What can the Grant Cover?
The COVID-19 Club Small Grant Scheme can cover costs associated with the reopening of sports clubs. The club grant scheme is designed and intended to support a return to sporting activities only. These can include;
- COVID-19 Related Costs for Hygiene Consumables (E.g. Hand sanitizer, soap, face masks, gloves etc.)
- COVID-19 Related Infrastructure Costs (E.g. Plexiglass screens, wall-mounted dispensers, signage)
- COVID-19 Related venue/equipment cleaning costs
- Increased venue hire costs to comply with social distancing
- COVID-19 Related Volunteer Training Costs
- COVID-19 Related Staff Training Costs
- Additional Registration/ Event Management Costs (E.g. admin or IT costs to manage self-declarations)
Who Can Apply?
- Sports Clubs affiliated to a National Governing Body (NGB)
- Other non-commercial Clubs/Groups whose primary function is Sport and Physical Activity
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, September 4. Applications submitted after this will not be accepted.